A Stitch in Time

Monday, May 09, 2005

Linkage

As I update the quilt blog, I'm going to start adding links for my favorite quilt-related sites and suppliers over on the sidebar.

One new site I've discovered is Quilt Pro, which I came across after purchasing Carol Doak's 300 Paper-Pieced Quilt Blocks, which comes with a Foundation Factory CD. This CD sets up a computer program to enable you to resize, reposition and print 300 different foundation piecing templates off your printer. You get an extra 10 block patterns by registering, which led me to the Quilt Pro site.

I really like Carol's book, btw. It is very easy to follow, beautifully illustrated and full of great ideas. I'm just starting to get into paper piecing now, so I need simple. The software is terrific; I made seven blocks the first day I tried it. Definitely worth the $29.95 cover price (bought at JoAnn's) because it comes with the software CD, which will save me a ton of copying, and I can flip and mirror and resize the templates on the computer however I like.